Terms And Conditions
- ‘Customer’ shall be the party named on the front of this document, and if-
- a person, includes his executors administrators and/or personal representatives
- a company includes its directors
- a business name includes its proprietors
- Goods shall mean all products and services provided by Geek Helpline Pty Ltd
- Plural references include the singular and vice versa, and one gender to all other genders
- User shall mean the operator/typist who issues commands to the goods by keyboard or mouse or voice.
- Geek Helpline Pty Ltd warrants that all goods are supplied in working order and in reasonable condition.
- Unless otherwise specified warranty on all new goods is twelve months commencing from date of original purchase.
- Unless otherwise specified goods with a replacement value less than $20.01 or second-hand items will attract a “guarantee start” only
- Software will be the responsibility of the Author or Customer
- Any claims made on the original condition of goods shall be made in writing within seven days of the original sale.
- In the first instance the customer will contact Geek Helpline Pty Ltd with a written description of the problem including any messages such as those that “Appear on Screen”.
- All warranty claims, unless otherwise specified, will be back to base, i.e. Equipment will be returned to Geek Helpline Pty Ltd at the customer’s expense.
- Goods sent back to the manufacturer for warranty via Geek Helpline Pty Ltd will incur a freight charge.
- Any goods returned under warranty and found not to be defective will incur minimum charge $66.00 to cover labour for diagnosis.
- A Labour fee will be charged for every subsequent half hour, on goods found not to be defective $49.50
- Warranty will be void if goods are found to be tampered with.
- Any computer hardware that has been added must be accompanied by the invoice from the dealer showing who performed the installation of the additional items. NB- including RAM.
- Warranty is extended to the customer only and is not transferable.
- Warranty does not cover damage to goods caused by failure of other parts.
- Warranty is void when damage is found to be caused by physical treatment handling, or environmental conditions
- Warranty is valid only for manufacturing defects or normal wear and tear within the warranty period.
- WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGE CAUSED BY POWER SURGES OR LIGHTNING.
- Warranty does not cover “software” errors.
- Warranty does not cover ‘user” errors.
- Title of goods passes to customer on clearance of full payment.
Returns and Refunds
- Refunds are not offered “Just because you change your mind”.
- Refunds will be only offered for goods returned within 7 days of original purchase, and in its original packaging. Providing they are either “Faulty, or are not the same as a sample shown”.
- Refunds will be subject to any outstanding costs owed to Geek Helpline Pty Ltd
- A credit or exchange may be offered to the value of the parts returned less labour charges and subject to clause 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 of these terms and conditions
- Geek Helpline Pty Ltd shall not be responsible for any loss incurred by the customer resulting from delays in filing orders, carrying out maintenance, general repairs, or repairs under warranty
- Should payment remain outstanding beyond the terms of Geek Helpline Pty Ltd then all Legal or Mercantile costs shall be borne by the customer.
- Any equipment not claimed after three months from the completion of work, or from the day of quote presentation, will be deemed to be the property of Geek Helpline Pty Ltd and may be sold to recoup costs.
- Onsite work will be at the discretion of Geek Helpline Pty Ltd and a minimum hourly onsite charge of $132 including GST will apply (including warranty).
- Backing- up is the responsibility of the user and no responsibility for data loss is accepted by Geek Helpline Pty Ltd.